Thursday, August 2, 2012

Apropos of Nothing: Ed Drury Answers 5 Questions


Ed Drury is a musician and writer currently living in Portland, Oregon. No one is sure just how long Ed has been around. Just one look at him suggests it has been for a very long time. He was born in the vicinity of his mother, and, yes, it was a long time ago. Ed writes music for indie films, television and theater. Seriously – he's been paid to do that! He also has worked as a psychiatric aide, respiratory therapist, computer programmer, technical writer, store clerk and has done some acting, but has never been arrested.

Complete the sentence "The loneliest time for me is…"
The time I spend in large groups of people.

Give 3 reasons why you like yourself.
I have a pretty decent understanding of myself. I love animals. I like it that I am not excessively deep or brooding.

Say something about hitchhiking.
Kids, don't do this!

What would you like to receive on your next birthday?
Ah, I would like just one day where there are no acts of violence anywhere in the world. That would be the best gift I could receive. Also, my birthday is very close to Halloween, candy is always good.

What are your reasons for wanting to go on living?
Good question! I love creating music and writing. Those are things I hope to do for years to come. I also love to hike and there are a lot of new hikes I've been meaning to take. Plus some old familiar ones I wish to see many more times.

To learn more about Ed and his work, please visit:

I don’t think I’d ever heard the didgeridoo before – at least not in a context where I knew what I was hearing! It’s fantastic, Ed – thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you get what you want for your birthday.

Novelist and editor Debbie Bennett will be with me in two days. See you then!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...