Saturday, July 21, 2012

Apropos of Nothing: Jaq D Hawkins Answers 5 Questions


Jaq D Hawkins is a published writer with nine books in publication on nature spirits and chaos magic published by Capall Bann Publishing, as well as two fantasy novels in print and E-book formats, Dance of the Goblins and Demoniac Dance, soon to be followed by the third book in the series, Power of the Dance.

Also recently released is her first steampunk book, The Wake of the Dragon, an airship-pirate adventure among the opium trade in an alternative history. Information on all titles can be found on her website.

What seems to be the biggest problem in your life right now?
Time! I'm editing two films, have five more novels at least started although I try to focus on one at a time, my daughter is just graduating and I have a boyfriend who needs some time, and ideas flow far too fast to keep up.

Share a childhood experience of embarrassment.
When I was 10 I cut my own hair once and got the fringe in front so short that I had to wet it to make spikes or it would stand straight up. My school photos for that year would look trendy now, post-punk.

If there were six more hours in the day, how would you spend them?
Film editing. I love it and hate it as it's a lot of drudge work but the results are very satisfying.

If you could have a committee of 3 people (living or dead) to help you make decisions, whom would you choose?
Oh this is fun...
1. Ben Franklin to offer wisdom
2. Leonardo DaVinci to lend genius
3. Jim Morrison to offer perspective

Tell about an understanding person in your life.
My daughter is a very understanding person. She's been through all the phases of my life since she was born and some rough experiences of her own, but it has all made her grow into a lovely and intelligent young woman with a sense of perspective and an ability to adapt to circumstances, whatever happens.

To learn more about Jaq and her work, please visit:

It’s been a pleasure to meet you, Jaq. I couldn’t agree more with wanting Leonardo DaVinci’s advice – he was amazing! I’ve had my share of bad haircuts, too, though I don’t think any of them would look trendy today.

I can hardly wait to introduce you to my next guest: Kristann Monaghan! Never heard of her? Just wait – you will! Prepare to laugh your butts off.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...